|Community Top 25 Products and Services Reports Shop Free Newsletter Contact|
25 Top Incorporation Services to Incorporate Yourself - Advertising and Marketing
Welcome to your Official Web Market Research and Shopping Info Network!
Need some good Web Market Online Shopping advice? We're here to help!
Massage Therapy Continuing Education Top 25 Products and Services
25 Top Massage Therapy Continuing Education Services
Massage therapy has been practiced for centuries and in recent years has become a more mainstream health maintenance technique. As the industry grows, licensed massage practitioners must look to these organizations and others for continuing education products that will help them provide the best quality service to their clients, keep their credentials current, and remain competitive in the market. An analysis of 25 top massage therapy continuing education products or services is shown below.
1. American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA). This is a nationally recognized massage therapy association that connects massage therapy professionals with continuing education opportunities offered by schools and independent trainers certified to offer courses in the field of massage therapy. AMTA provides many other job related resources to massage professionals.
2. National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and BodyWork (NCBTMB). This is the primary governing certification body for massage therapists in the United States. NCBTMB provides certification criteria needed for individual trainers and schools to offer continuing education units to massage therapists. They may provide a list of certified organizations and professionals to massage therapists seeking continuing education.
3. Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). This professional association offers a comprehensive library of online massage therapy continuing education products to massage therapy and nursing professionals.
4. iTouch for Health. This company offers independent massage therapy continuing education products in a variety of disciplines by massage therapy practitioners who are certified to provide professional development courses for certification. Workshops, onsite classes, and virtual classroom training are available. With the exception of the online classes, the current offerings are primarily located in the United States. The company is poised for growth into international markets as qualified trainers become available.
5. Institute for Integrative Healthcare Studies. This is the continuing education division of the Natural Wellness Company founded in 1996 to provide education resources and natural wellness products to consumers. The Institute for Integrative Healthcare Studies provides over 35 self paced courses for massage therapy continuing education. The credits given for completion of these courses are recognized by AMTA and ABMP. Other products offered by the parent company include nutritional supplements, books, and audio healing CDs.
6. Northern Virginia School of Therapeutic Massage - School of Continuing Education. This school is located in Falls Church, Virginia and provides a limited but highly specialized offering of massage professional development courses in Reiki, Lomi Lomi, and Hot Stone Therapy. All certification courses are recognized by NCBTMB.
7. Southwest Institute of Healing Arts (SWIHA). This school is located in Phoenix, Arizona and offers courses needed for initial massage therapy licensing as well as continuing education. Due to the requirement for massage therapists to maintain their skills through continuous professional development, SWIHA offers a variety of courses in a community college type setting. SWIHA allows massage professionals to search its course offerings by areas of interest and continuing education hours per course. Most of the courses are recognized by NCBTMB and all at least meet the Arizona state certification requirements.
8. International Professional School of Bodywork (IPSB). Located in San Diego, CA, this school offers courses in massage therapy to students worldwide. They are NCBTMB certified to offer classes for continuing education. Classes are taught with a focus on the intellectual, physical, and emotional aspects of a person. Financial aid is advertised as available.
9. Mueller College of Holistic Studies. Bill Mueller, a well known proponent of holistic healing, founded the college in the 1980s to provide resources to alternative health professionals. Today the college focuses on graduating licensed professional who may start their own businesses in the field of massage therapy. The college is NCBTMB certified to offer continuing education to massage therapy professionals and nurses. Workshops, events, and classes are offered for continuing education credit. The college’s latest offering is in the area of acupuncture.
10. Thai Bodywork School of Thai Massage. This school is located in Chicago, IL and as the name implies has a niche in Thai massage. It is NCBTMB certified and offers a course on Thai Hands Free massage. This type of massage utilizes martial arts and body mechanics techniques to massage clients. Massage training studios are located in Chicago and Evanston, IL.
11. Elmcrest College of Applied Health Sciences and Spa Management. This school offers full and part time daytime courses for massage therapy continuing education. The college features small class sizes for more focused student attention. It is a member of AMTA.
12. Boulder College of Massage Therapy. Located in Boulder Colorado, Boulder College offers a wide variety of massage therapy continuing education for humans and pets! The course costs range from $250-$500 depending on the continuing education hours to be earned.
13. Spa Tech Institute TM. This school has locations based in the northeastern U.S. and was founded by Nancy Risely. Ms. Risely has over 30 years experience in this field and attracts instructors that provide easy to learn, practical lessons to students of the school. The school’s students are taught to market themselves for further career opportunities to the high end clients that frequent the school’s state of the art, student clinic.
14. Irene's Myomassology Institute. This school is located in Southfield, MI and provides continuing education to students as well as discounted massage therapy to the community. Graduates of the school are marketing what they’ve learned on YouTube.
15. Institute of Natural Therapies. This school has massage therapy offerings based on three levels Introductory Massage Therapy, Paraprofessional Massage therapy, and Professional Massage Therapy. According to its research, opportunities in massage therapy are expected to increase 20% by 2016. The college’s course materials are designed for students to be ready to take advantage of that expected industry growth.
16. East West College. This school is located in the nation’s Pacific Northwest and targets massage therapist at all levels of experience. Its continuing education courses feature massage therapy specialties as well as business management skills for independent massage therapists.
17. Academy of Massage Therapy. This school offers continuing massage therapy education in the following areas Shiatsu, Hot Stone Massage, Raindrop technique, Thai Massage, Anma, Manual Lymph Drainage, and Foot Reflexology just to name a few. The school is NCBTMB certified.
18. Finger Lakes School of Massage. This school offers weekend and evening workshops as well as classes to satisfy massage therapy continuing education requirements. Some of the featured courses include Reiki, Aromatherapy, and Hot Stone Massage.
19. Onondaga School of Therapeutic Massage. This school is located in New York and provides weekend, evening, and part time courses to fulfill the continuing education requirement for massage therapists. Students may register online for courses such as Reiki, Mother Massage, and Massage for People Living with Cancer taught at the school’s Rochester and Syracuse campuses.
20. New York College of Health Professions. This college offers a variety of massage therapy continuing education options based on massage therapists’ level of experience and interest. There are classes that are open to the general public and ones that are offered only to professionals in the field.
21. Healing Hands Institute for Massage Therapy. This school offers massage therapy continuing education workshops to help professionals in the field maintain their certifications. Workshops are conveniently scheduled on the weekends and some of the offerings are in Reflexology and Deep Tissue Massage.
22. Center for Massage & Natural Health®. This facility offers traditional classroom style continuing education classes as well as “retreat vacation” style seminars for continuing education. It is located in Ashville, NC and is also NCBTMB approved.
23. Body Therapy Institute (BTI). This school boasts of small class sizes in a 150 acre pastoral setting. It offers traditional massage therapy continuing education classes and is NCBTMB approved.
24. Health Options Institute. This school offers continuing education courses in Reiki, Lomi Lomi, Cancer Massage, and Advanced Aromatherapy to name only a fee. The school also offers an herbal certification correspondence course.
25. National Academy of Massage Therapy & Healing Sciences. This school provides an extensive list of massage therapy continuing education offerings. All instruction is conducted on its Pennsylvania campus.
This website and content is Copyright WebMarketLIVE.com
All Rights Reserved.